At just the young age of 39 when he was assassinated the civil-rights leader Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. had already shaped a generation and many more generations to come. Dr. King was poignant and profound and possessed an insight that was far beyond his years.
Here are a few quotes that led a nation to follow his brilliance.
- “I have decided to stick with love. hate is too great a burden to bear”
- “Free at last, free at last. Thank God almighty we are free at last.”
- “Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.”
- “If you can’t fly then run, if you can’t run then walk, if you can’t walk than crawl, but whatever you do you have to keep moving forward.
- “Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.”
- “Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter.”
- “The time is always right to do what is right.”
- “In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.”